Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Final Conclusion of Almost a Years Worth of Study

Well, after almost a full year of studying and digging and opening my eyes to the truth around us in the world today I can summarize my newfound understanding in these few short sentences by President J. Reuben Clark, Jr.:
“First, and above and beyond everything else, let us live righteously. …
“Let us avoid debt as we would avoid a plague; where we are now in debt, let us get out of debt; if not today, then tomorrow. 
“Let us straitly and strictly live within our incomes, and save a little. 
“Let every head of every household see to it that he has on hand enough food and clothing, and, where possible, fuel also, for at least a year ahead. You of small means put your money in foodstuffs and wearing apparel, not in stocks and bonds; you of large means will think you know how to care for yourselves, but I may venture to suggest that you do not speculate. Let every head of every household aim to own his own home, free from mortgage. Let every man who has a garden spot, garden it; every man who owns a farm, farm it.” (President J. Reuben Clark, Jr., in Conference Report, Apr. 1937, p. 26.)
As quoted by President Benson multiple times, of which my personal favorite is "Prepare for the Days of Tribulation".

With all the energy of my soul I add my witness as to the wisdom and divinity of this inspired council. May we each take heed is my sincere prayer. In the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

(Date updated to place this entry first.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.
Please post only appropriate material.
No ad hominem attacks-debate the ideas, not the people.